Position Type: Full Time
Description of Position:
Summary: Primary duty is to bid and secure projects. Once projects are awarded the Project Manager manages the contract work from start to finish including: scheduling, cost containment, monitoring progress, compliance and client contact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to seek out/complete bid opportunities for the company through client relationships, network opportunities, public/private postings, assigned bid opportunities, etc.
- Estimates projects for bid submittal by: reviewing plan and specifications, calculating quantities, gathering quotes and submittals, constructing the bid and creating the bid submittal in a timely manner.
- Coordinates pre-construction meetings for projects awarded to ensure communication and coordination between project managers, field and office support. Works with operations staff to coordinate appropriate construction methods and staffing needs.
- Obtains necessary permits and licensing.
- Manages costs by tracking labor and materials.
- Manages billing, with Project Coordinators, to ensure accuracy of invoicing, preparation of payables, accounts receivable collections, approval of accounts payable in a timely manner and management of over/under billing on a monthly basis.
- Communicates and is responsible to work with appropriate staff to meet any and all EEO/DBE project requirements.
- Works to ensure all aspects of project are met safely, on/under budget and in the appropriate time frame allowed.
- Uses appropriate resources to troubleshoot any project issues that may arise.
- Seeks approval for all project change orders (before work is completed) and manages changes to the scope of work to maintain profitability.
- Coordinates efforts and communication with the project owner/general contractor to work toward safe and timely project completion and adjust project scope of work and timelines as needed.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with current clients; responsible to create relationships with potential future clients.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Preferred bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- Good communication skills both oral and written when working with all levels of management, employees, external vendors and other business associates. Must clearly communicate directions and information. Speaks effectively before groups as well as individuals. Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions. Must know standard conversions used in the construction industry.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, and internal safety complaints.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of Project Management software, Microsoft Windows software, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to define problems, collect and document data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of situations and events and respond accordingly. Ability to seek counsel, when needed and use a variety of resources.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee seldom lifts or moves up to 10 pounds. Is exposed to minimal to moderate noise levels on job sites. Occasionally may encounter high noise levels, but hearing protection is provided/required. Occasional travel to jobsites outside of office location area.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must pass a drug screen for employment.
Apply online, or send application and resume as follows:
Attn: Human Resources
11040 183rd Circle NW, Suite B,
Elk River MN 55330