U.S. SiteWork, Inc. was selected as the deep foundations contractor for a drilled shaft pilot test in US Steel Minntac Mine.
Scope of Work Included:
- Drilled 1 EA) Large Diameter Shaft
- Shaft dimensions 7.5’ Diameter x 44’ Deep
- Shaft was drilled under polymer slurry due to high ground water pressure
- US SiteWork cored through large diameter boulders the whole length of the shaft to reach design depth
- Shaft was backfilled with ZVI Iron Filings/Sand mixture using a 24” diameter tremie pipe.
- US Steel will monitor ground water contamination as it moves through the ZVI filled shaft.
Year Completed: 2016